Sunday, November 25, 2012

This month, I received a grant from the Ruth and Harold Chenven Foundation for my American Folk series. It is an honor to have received this grant.

The foundation was created by Harold Chenven in memory of his wife, Ruth Chenven, a silversmith and jewelry designer. The foundation is presently run by a small group of their family and friends.

So, I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to Ruth and Harold Chenven for giving me support to move forward with this project.



Marmet, WV. November 2011.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I admire your work so much.
    Leslie Gura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I just found out that I won your photo at the CCNY auction! I was an absentee bidder (live in NC) so did not know until today.

    Leslie Gura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie, that is so exciting! I love the Camera Club, they are such a good organization. I am so happy you got the print. Did you receive it yet?
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did! I just framed it and put it up in my office. I used a white frame. When I went to the Robert Adams exhibit (your work reminds me of his by the way), the curator said the selected white frames because black pulls the eye away from the photograph. I will email a photo of it from my iPhone so you can see the effect.

    ReplyDelete